The love of God
The love of God is the actual, entire theme of the bible. The bible is understood to be a love letter between God and men, with God communicating and expressing his love to us. In Genesis we see that man was created out of love. We see this in the book of Genesis with God trying to redeem man from the destructive path to eternal judgement we chose.
In the New Testament now we see God’s ultimate act of love when he gave us Jesus Christ. The coming of Christ is the whole idea behind the love of God. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
1. We understand that love is the basis for God giving us Jesus Christ. John 3:16, Ephesians 2:4-5, 1 John 4:10, Romans 5:8-9
2. The Holy Spirit also is a gift as a result of How God loves us. Romans 5:5
3. Any blessing, provision and good thing He gives us on a daily basis is because he loves us. Mathew 7:11. We therefore can believe in the word of God because we know he loves us.
4. We understand He is our father because he loves us and he went on to adopt us into his Kingdom. Ephesians 1:5, Galatians 4:4-5&7
How to we reciprocate His love
1. We show it by loving Him. Mark 12:30, 33
2. We show God love by obeying His commandments. John 14:15, 21,23
3. We love God by serving him, talking to him, living for Him and giving him all we are and all we have. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15, Galatians 2:20
4. We show love to God by loving and serving others. We celebrate others because we know that people are God’s gift to us. This includes our loved ones, neighbours, enemies etc John 21:15-17, John 13:34-35, John 15:13-13, Romans 12:10, John 4:7-8, Mathew 5:44-45
5. We show God love by loving ourselves. This comes from understanding that we are his workmanship, he made me intentionally and he cares about me. Learning to love myself is important in honouring God who made me. Psalm 139:14-14, Eph 5:29
Father I thank you because you love me and you hear me every time I pray
Father I thank you because you have expressed you love to me by giving me Christ from the beginning of time in dying for me and that from the foundation of the each you made a decision to redeem me and save me.
Father I thank you because you have given me that capacity to receive your love and as a result of this capacity that I have received, I am willing to love back. Teach me to reciprocate your love, to live a loving life, not that a life of loving myself but loving others as well
Thank you for demonstrating your love to me every day. Teach me to see the love that you show me and the love that surrounds me. Remove the element of hatred, the feeling of loss and separation, isolation, neglect and rejection from showing in my life. But constantly open my eyes and reveal to me how much you love me through my every day experiences.
I am loved by God.
Jesus is the ultimate express of the love of God for my life.
Because I have Christ and the Hoy Spirit in me, I know that I am loved.
I shall love the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, soul and strength
My life is a reflection of the love that God has for me.
Love surrounds me and covers me.
I can believe God for provision because I know He loves me.
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you, plans to give you hope and a future and not to harm you.
God has predestined my life, He has great plans for me because He loves me.