Week 1/ Day 1 Salvation from dead works
A very important part of your salvation is to understand that Jesus did everything for you. You do not need to do anything to earn God’s love and his approval. You do not have to put any effort and consideration into trying to be liked and accepted by God, he already loves you, accepts you, and he has already made provision for your salvation. This is the same for you and everyone else on earth. The religious perspective has taught us that we should work harder to be liked by God. So much of our old teachings included humanity trying to appease an angry God by doing things that would make him sympathetic or lenient. The bible calls our human effort “dead works,” when we try to behave in a way that makes God happy by using our own effort we are simply performing dead works.
I have great news for you! Jesus did it all for you. The blessings of God, the love of God, the mercy of God, the forgiveness of God is given to you freely. All you have to do is to receive it by Faith. Anything done outside of faith is vain, sinful and dead. This means that your behaviour, your service, loving others, living, kind works, and even your mere existence must become a product of faith. As a child of God you live, talk, walk, eat, sleep, and do everything by faith. As a result of his grace, we are made alive in Christ by faith, from dead works to life.
Romans 14: 23
Hebrews 6: 1
Hebrews 11: 6
Ephesians 2: 4 – 5
- I am a child of God
- I have been made into a new creature, all things old have passed away. I have found newness in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- My spirit is regenerated through the working of the Holy Spirit in me, for good works (Titus 3:4-7)
- I am reborn, not of corruptible seeds but according to the incorruptible word of God which remains forever (1 Peter 1:23)
- All my old works have passed away, I receive my newness in Christ Jesus.
- I manifest Christ in me and I behave like my father in heaven, my nature has changed