Worship is a state of heart with actions that express and reflect your adoration for God. Today there are a lot of scriptures to go through but they are essential to read. Most importantly these actions are essential to do.
Worship is often relegated to singing slow songs and we only define it within that scope. Creation worships God by simply existing and doing what he created it to do. The mountains and trees, the birds sing, the wind blows, animals express worship by acting within their nature in acknowledgement of God.
“Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it. Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.”
Worship is more than a good feeling of acknowledging God, it is also actionable. We should be able to vocalise and action how we feel to Him. These actions of worship allow you to offer God your entire body and each action begins to help you do that with your entire body. Here are some of the ways that we can use to action worship?
- Sing- Psalm 96:1, Psalm 104:33, Ezra 3:11, Isaiah 52:9
- Serve- Hebrews 6:10, Romans 12:1, John 12:26
- Lift your hands- 1 Timothy 2:8, Psalm 63:4, Psalm 28:2
- Clap your Hands- Psalm 47:1, Psalm 98:8
- Play instruments-, Leviticus 25:9, Psalm 150:1-6, Job 21:12, Psalm 98:4-6
- Shout- 1 Thessalonians 4:16, Psalm 98:4, Psalm 47:1
- Dance- Psalm 30:11, Psalm 149:3, Psalm 150:1-6
- Bow Down- Ephesians 3:14, Isaiah 66:3, Psalm 5:7, Psalm 138:2
- Give- 2 Corinthians 9:11, Philippians 4:18, Numbers 18:11, Romans1 15:26
Exercise- Which of these actions are you most familiar with? Practice the other actions as you recognise them as pure acts of worship. Use every part of your body to worship God through your hands, feet, mouth, and worship God holistically.