- The things of the spirit realm are very real, usually they cannot be socially, scientifically or intellectually confirmed. Angelic forces and demons are real, and for most people they only see physical manifestations of these entities.1 Corinthians 2:13-14 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.(KJV)
- The spirit realm can only be accessed and understood by the spirit.The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit (1 Cor 2:14).
Ephesians 2:1-3 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.(NKJV)
- The spirit realm is eternal, it exists outside of our human time. God is eternal and he exists outside of time and human limitation. The spirit world has its own glory and it interprets height, length, width, space and time differently.
- It supersedes the natural. The spirit world is greater (has more influence over our reality) than the natural world.
- Any event that takes place in the spiritual realm automatically manifests itself in the visible realm in some manner or another. Also, things we do in the natural realm also affect events and conditions in the spirit realm.
- There are no coincidences! They are merely events that have already happened in the spiritual realm. Coincidences are events that happen without cause or explanation. In the Christian faith we believe that God orchestrates and performs everything, there is nothing outside his sight and nothing surprises Him. The spirit is unseen and to someone who lacks spiritual insight, spiritual events become coincidence. Proverbs 5:21-23, Job 34:21
- Prayer is our instrument for change in the spiritual realm! It is reactive and interactive. 1 Peter 3:22
- At this moment both you and I are in the spirit world. This is the spirit world just as much as it is the physical world. Innumerable spirits, entities and objects are listening in and speaking; When I speak, I become a missionary in spirit world, not just here; I also proclaim a new truth to all of the spirit world. John 4:24, Deuteronomy 30:19
- The spirit realm doesn’t just listen, it is filled with voices. God speaks constantly and demonic voices speak too. That’s why Jesus says his sheep hear his voice. Our Christian journey is all about maturing into a deeper sensitivity to the voice of Jesus and learning to shut out other voices. John 10:27-28
- Spiritual beings have form, personality, feelings and emotions. That’s why the bible says the most high laughs on his throne. God is a person, we don’t speak to him as a force or strong wind but as a person.
1 Corinthians 15:40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.(NKJV)
- You will be able to explore the spirit world through a strong prayer life. The more you break through, the greater your spiritual reality, understanding and imagination will develop. Ephesians 6:18, Corinthians 14:15
- The spirit world is filled with songs, books ideas, concepts, colours, remedies, cures for diseases that are there but not yet in our realm. Daniel’s answered prayer was given in the spirit realm even though he had not yet received it. God is spirit and he releases spiritual truth and sometimes that truth does not manifest instantly in the natural space. Daniel 9:1-27